Many researchers have suggested that CBD could support symptoms stemming from anxiety, chronic pain, and neurological conditions. It is because of its diverse therapeutic benefits that CBD has become part of many people’s daily lives, taken as drops, gummies, or capsules.
The effect of CBD on your body is dependent on a number of things, including quality, dosage, and the time it is taken. So, this brings us to the main question: “What is the best time of the day to take CBD oil?”
What is CBD Oil?
CBD (short for cannabidiol) is one of the main phytocannabinoids found in a hemp plant. A hemp plant has more than 100 cannabinoids including cannabigerol (CBG), cannabichromene (CBC) and cannabidiol (CBD). CBD oil is produced by separating these cannabinoids so that a user only derives the targeted benefits of CBD.
Today, CBD oil and other hemp-based products are required to have no more than 0.3% THC (the psychoactive cannabinoid in a hemp plant).
How to Find the Right Time to Take CBD
Because the endocannabinoid system is responsible for so many aspects of a human body, the best time to get the better support from CBD varies from one person to another. For example, if you are suffering from insomnia, you might want to try taking CBD oil about one, two or three hours before bed time until you get the perfect balance. Please contact your primary care physician for specific questions about dosing.
The Right Time to Take CBD Based on Specific Problem
CBD oil has been studied to better support wellness for a number of health conditions. Depending on the desired result, here are the best times to take CBD oil for better results:
- What is the best time to take CBD for insomnia?
Many CBD users report falling to sleep quicker and feeling more refreshed when they wake up. There have been a few studies, such as this one published in the Journal of Clinical Pharmacology where subjects who took 160 mg of CBD reported sleeping more than those taking a placebo.
As CBD users often report a sense of calm, some use it to better support anxiety, and it’s not surprising that many people use CBD for sleep. It also shows promise in the reduction of stress, social anxiety, and depression.
- Best Time to Take CBD Oil for Pain
The ideal time to take CBD oil for pain management may be different than taking it to help symptoms of insomnia or anxiety. In the case of pain management, consider using CBD oil when you experience pain, to help manage symptoms. For example, if you are suffering from chronic pain, consider using CBD as needed throughout the day or night. However, if you are experiencing more mild pain, try using CBD oil when you notice the symptoms.
Note that CBD has been found to be helpful for those seeking help with persistent pain. However, it is prudent to consult your doctor on how to integrate it into your treatment plan.
The Best Time to Take CBD Oil Based on the Method of Delivery
Before you can mark the specific timeline for taking CBD oil, it is important to also think about the method of delivery. So, here are the best methods of administration depending on how you administer the oil:
- Sublingual application
This method of delivery involves putting CBD oil under the tongue for fast absorption, so CBD can reach the bloodstream via the cells of the mouth.
When you administer CBD oil by swallowing, it has to go through the digestive system before getting absorbed into the bloodstream. Also, the liver breaks down some of the oil so the quantity getting into your bloodstream will likely be lower than what you took.
- Topical application
Here, the goal is to ensure you administer CBD oil directly onto the skin
What You Should Know when Using CBD
As it is the case with many herbs, the benefits you get from CBD oil could increase with continued use. This implies that if you take the oil regularly, using it for a period of about one month could yield better results.
But an even more important consideration is the quality of CBD oil that you are using. You can only be sure of getting the best results from CBD if it is made from high-quality hemp plants. So how do you tell if CBD oil is good or not? Here are some tips to help you:
- Only buy from legit sellers: These are brands and distributors who put every effort to ensure they only stock high-quality CBD oil in line with the 2018 Farm Bill. Here, the primary focus is ensuring that the oil does not have THC levels beyond 0.3%.
- Select only CBD oil that is free from contaminants: As more CBD traders enter the fast-growing hemp industry, reports of hemp products with various contaminants have become common. Therefore, ensure to only buy CBD oil that is free from bio-contaminants, heavy metals, and organic solvents.
- Confirm the oil comes with a third-party certificate: To know the components of CBD oil, select sellers who subject it to third-party laboratories for further analysis. Although this test is not mandatory, it has become a very reliable method of ensuring that CBD oil meets high-quality standards.
- Consider only using liposomal CBD oil: You want CBD to reach the body as fast as possible, right? Nanoliposomes are the tiny spherical particles found in RESET’s natural hemp CBD, which are encapsulated inside liposomes during our proprietary process in a GMP lab. And since CBD is hydrophobic and does not naturally like entering the body, our liposomal delivery system is the most efficient way to consume this natural ingredient. Don’t think of RESET Balance as a supplement at all – it’s more of a “complement,” because it works with your endocannabinoid system to enhance what your body already does everyday.
- Read other users’ reviews!
To get the best results from CBD oil, the first step is ensuring you have the best quality. The second step is identifying the best time of the day to use it. In this post, we have demonstrated that you can have the best effect at any time of the day. However, you need to also consider the method of administration.
Further, you need to carefully pay attention to how you are feeling after taking CBD oil. After identifying the best time of the day to take CBD oil, integrate it into your routine for better results.